Monday, July 18, 2011

Mani Monday!!!

Anyone that knows me, knows about my unusual love for nail polish.  I own entirely too much of it, so much so, that I will probably never wear it all because I'm always buying more.  :)
So, since my blog is not only about my family, but about how I keep my sanity in this testosterone heavy house I'm going to take advantage of this platform to talk about my obsession!  I want to use Mani Monday to show you about the latest nail polish I'm wearing...maybe it'll help you decide whether or not to pick up that color you've been thinking about or inspire you to try something new.

I recently picked up Chanel Peridot.  It's part of the Illusions d'Ombres Fall 2011 Collection.  I got mine at Macy's, but it's available at any store that sells Chanel cosmetics.  It's limited edition, so you'd want to pick it up soon.  I normally don't buy Chanel polish because it's pretty expensive, plus I've always had a problem with it chipping quickly.  But, with that being said, once and awhile they come out with a color that I just can't resist.  Once I saw it on a Scrangie's blog (a nail polish blog that I sometimes read) I knew I had to have it.



Peridot is a duochrome, which means that it flashes different colors depending on the angle, lighting...etc.  It's base is green, but you also see gold and blue at times.  It's really beautiful.  I use Instant Artificial as a base coat China Glaze's Fast Forward fast dry top coat (you can pick both of these up at Sally's).





It's really pretty, isn't it?  Also, the ultimate bonus...it's lasted 5 days so far with NO CHIPS.  This is a record for me with Chanel polish.

8 comments:

  1. I have 4 girls so I have more nail polish & make up in general than you can shake a stick at. I love to try new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm the same way, but the only girl around here. Once and awhile I bring stuff to my mom and sister when I go visit, so I suppose it works out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that color!!! I have to confess to once being a nail polish girl, but motherhood has drained that a bit. My daughter on the other hand as regular manicure apointments at the nail salon with my mom!!! It's funny, but when you wrote about Channel nail polish, I remembered being out with my sister after our grandmother died, we went shopping to take our mind off of things and it was just when black nail polish was all the rage. This was 1996! I bought her a bottle of it to cheer us up and she loved and wore it for a while!! Funny what memories nail polish brings up!!! Thanks for such a fun post! I found you on voiceboks and am now a happy follower!!! I look foward to reading more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the reference to the 80's song Manic Monday! Awesome!
    Here's a new follower from VoiceBoks.

    Check my blog out at http://cocoons2butterflies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are reminding of the importance of taking care of the woman inside of me. Getting nails done and such flew out the window centuries ago. Will have to reclaim that part of my life. It was fun back then. I love the name of your blog and it gave me a chuckle. So glad to be a new follower via Voiceboks and I hope that you enjoy your time with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that color, but alas my nails are always breaking....not sure it's worth polishing them.

    Found you on New Bloggers Club on Social Moms.

    I would love for you to check out The Blogging Buddies Social Network
    ...you can create a profile, and add your blog, Twitter and Facebook links in the appropriate groups.

    We also have featured members each week, which are promoted on 2 twitter and facebook accounts, and on the site itself. And they get a FREE week of advertising on the site and in my newsletter.


    If you want, you can go to the Get visitors page and request to join a dedicated group. These groups have up to 10 bloggers that visit each others blogs and leave comments.

    Hope to "see" you there!

    Carolee
    Come on home - mom blog
    Working at home advice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh..that's all I need is another new nail color to buy. However, since its a cute color, plus Peridot is my birthday month birthstone so I'm forced to try it! (New follower btw).

    Amy

    http://lifewithaubrey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that polish is beautiful! I have been telling myself to keep my nails polished as an attempt to still feel feminine with all the resistance training I have been doing lately. Ummmm.....no go! lol

    I am following you from MBC, please take a look at my blog at http://getittogetherdomina.blogspot.com/ and follow only if it interest you. Best wishes - Domina.

    ReplyDelete