Sunday, July 10, 2011

Caylee's Law...

I watched, like many of you, as Casey Anthony was acquitted in the murder of daughter Caylee Anthony.  I was in complete shock and cried...a lot.  It's not for me to say who is or isn't guilty, but I feel Caylee did not get the justice she deserved.
A couple of the days after the acquittal I was made aware of an online petition to create "Caylee's Law".  This law would make it a felony if parents don't report their children missing within 24 hours.  Unfortunately, Caylee's case is NOT isolated...it just happened to gain the attention of the media.  Over the years, I have seen countless reports of body's of children being found, and police discovering that their parents never even reported that they were missing.

Over 1 million people have signed the petition to create Caylee's Law, and at the moment I write this, legislators in at least 18 states plan on introducing a version of this law.  The more people sign this petition, the more states we can get on board.

Please, if you haven't signed it yet, please click on the link and sign the petition for Caylee's Law.  Let's try to help make this all have SOME kind of meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment