Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Beginning...

Welcome to my own little corner of the internet!  I'm so glad that you've decided to join me for this ride.  Let me explain what is meant by "Wearing the SKIRT in the Family"...you see, I'm the ONLY female in my house, but MOST DEFINITELY the boss around here.  "Listen to your mother" is a very commonly heard phrase.  I'm married, have two little boys (Buddy is 4 and Sweet Pea is 2), even the animals are all male!  It's an understatement to say that there is a lack of estrogen in this house...that's for sure!  Raising boys is an interesting experience.  I'm all girl.  I love my make-up, hair products, nail polish (LOVE) and always have.  When I was a kid I played Barbies and with any other little girl toy there was.  Don't get me wrong, I loved my Match-Box cars and my He-Man toys, but a tom-boy I am not.  My friends and I even coerced the boy down the street that we played with to play Barbies and "house" with us...poor kid never stood a chance!  So, when my two little ones jump on each other and start wrestling, or playing swords, or generally just start beating on each other, I get a little upset!  It doesn't help when Dearest Hubby informs me that "this is what boys do!"  I'd rather they NOT beat the crap out of each other, but I think that's going to be an uphill battle!

Taken around the holidays, but still, a common scene in our house!
Beyond being a mom and a wife, I also teach high school Chemistry/Biology (can you say SUMMER VACATION!!!), I have a small business that I'm very involved with, I LOVE to knit, crochet, etc.  I guess you could say that I like to try and keep busy, although I'm still quite the homebody.

Well, if you are interested in learning more, keep coming back to read!


1 comment:

  1. Jen, I hear you. I live with 4 men... one being my husband. Women like us need to blog, because as much as we love the men in our house, they just don't understand us and what the word calm is...LOL :) Your kids are adorable! Enjoy your summer with them!

    This is my new blog that I started. My mommy world. Check it out if you get some time.

    http://moms-island.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete